Friday, February 5, 2010

Ferrari F60

Ferrari F60
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Information: Plastic
Paint: Tamiya lacquer / Tamiya acrylics / Krylon
Aftermarket Parts: None - Out of Box


There is much debate over the color of this car because in the pictures you will find from race to race it seems to look different in each picture depending on the light and angle.
I chose to use a metallic silver base followed by a mix of Tamiya Mica Red and Italian Red.
I'm pleased with the color and after the clearcoat the color should pop even more.
Overall a good kit with a few minor fit issues and some questionable details if you're looking for a specific race to represent (it looks to be modeled after the launch). But with a little putty and some new panel lines it's a great addition to the shelf. Clearcoat will go on this weekend with decals and final assembly by Monday.




4 comments:

homeroV8 said...

Hi from Brazil

Amazing job! I´m facing the F-60color dilemma too.. What clearcoat are you using, and do you plan to clearcoat over the decals?
Thanks and keep up the nice job!

Chris said...

homero - Thanks for the comment. Yes I'm going to clear the decals. I have the decals on at this point and ready for the clear, I just wanted to make sure they were dry. I use DuPont 2 part automotive clear. I like it because I can shoot it over any kind of paint with no problems. As it dries it shrinks down and is very easy to buff out. I would say any auto clear you can get your hands on would work the same. Do you have pictures of your build?
I would love to see them.

homeroV8 said...

Thanks for reply (one year has passed!). Have pictures of finished model? I haven't started yet, was on 1/144 airliners for a while. Also haven't tested paints, was wondering if TS-85 directly over silver would result too light red coat?

Chris said...

homero -welcome back! Here is the completed model.
http://tsukurite77.blogspot.com/search/label/Ferrari%20F60