Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ferrari 126C2 Part 1

Manufacturer: Fujimi Kit #09032
Information: Plastic - full detail
Paint: Tamiya acrylics / Krylon semi flat black / Rosso Corsa Ferrari Red / Vallejo Model Air acrylics
Aftermarket Parts: Various photo etched parts / Bare Metal Foil

When I purchased this kit I put it away for a while as I finished some of my other in progress kits. When I did finally open it I found that the kit was not molded correctly and was missing the left front section of the nose. Because of the cost to get a replacement body I decided to modify the kit and create the car driven by Mario Andretti at Monza.
I have placed an order for Tamiya Polyester Putty and will finish the kit after I get that.

The following is a photo diary of the work done to this point.



























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see this on another site and was wondering did you finish?

Chris said...

Sam
Sorry no i have the body ready to go into brake fluid to strip it and start over with the painting process.
I will post updates here when it is ready.