Sunday, January 9, 2011

1/12 Gurney Eagle Conversion

1967 Eagle / Gurney - Weslake V12
Manufacturer: Tamiya - 1/12 Honda RA 273
Information: Plastic
Paint: Tamiya lacquer / Tamiya acrylics / Krylon / Finishers
Aftermarket Parts: Putty...lots of putty

Good progress made so far. Plastic added to the front nose and lots of putty to even out the nose cone.
Vents cut out on the front half of the nose cone were a bit of a pain to do but not as bad as trying to build up the body around the driver. Not sure how I'm going to do the engine yet as I continue to hunt for a 1/12 built Matra kit. I just hate the idea of buying a new Matra kit to just pick the engine out! More putty work to do around the driver as well as some body work around the engine. I'm also not sure on the color of blue so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.










No comments: